Corporation Tax

If you are an enterpreneur, you know that your success cannot depend on the opinions.
Make life easy

A corporation tax return must be submitted to HMRC within 12 months after your company year -end. Even if your business has made a loss, and there is no corporation tax to be paid, you are still required to make the filing. It is worth noting that even though the corporation tax return, also known as CT600, doesn’t need to be filed until 12 months after the year-end, the actual payment to HMRC must be made within nine months after the end of your financial year. Failing to file the return will result in penalties and late payment normally attracts interest charges. 

How is corporation tax calculated?

The amount of corporation tax payable is calculated based on the profit the business has made during the accounting period as per your annual accounts, after making necessary accounting year -end adjustments and deducting allowable reliefs and allowances. Businesses can also carry forward losses from previous years to offset against future profits. 

What makes us different 

As filing your corporation tax return is also your opportunity to claim any tax reliefs your business might be entitled to, we will work with you throughout the accounting year to establish which tax breaks you should be claiming. Once these have been identified and your corporation tax liability fully calculated, we will file your CT600 to HMRC together with all the necessary notes. Furthermore, in the event of HMRC having any queries with regards to the return, we will be there to support you during the process. We will always spend time with you to understand your business’s individual circumstances in order to minimise your tax liability and help you find the best way to structure your business for growth. 


Related Services

Self-Assessment Tax Returns

A self-assessment tax return - also known as a ‘personal tax return’ or, more commonly, ‘self-assessment’ - is the mechanism...
Read more


VAT is an indirect tax charged on most goods and services. If your business’s turnover exceeds the VAT threshold, which...
Read more

Capital Gains Tax (CGT)

Capital Gains Tax is a tax on any gain (profit) that you make as a result of selling or transferring...
Read more

Our Business Areas


Our accounting services cover all the necessary compliance aspects of your business, including; Statutory Accounts, Bookkeeping and Payroll.
Read more


Our tax services cover all of the necessary tax compliance services, including; Self-assessment tax returns, VAT returns and registrations as...
Read more

Business Advisory

Our Business Advisory services will provide you with all the necessary tools to enable you to grow your business, including;...
Read more

Latest Posts

Stay informed across all our business areas

Why our advisory services rock!

Hello from Foster Chapman When we talk about the ethos of Foster Chapman being a “a new way for accountancy”,...
Read more

Statutory Accounts

Also known as ‘year-end accounts’ or ‘annual accounts’, these must be submitted to Companies House by all limited companies within...
Read more

Ltd vs Sole Trader

Limited company or sole trader…here’s why it’s easy for you to decide It’s probably your second big decision after the...
Read more